Thursday, August 5, 2010

Featured Collectible - Vintage Marushka Silkscreen Prints

Well, once again I found something at an estate sale and it sent me on the hunt - I guess the best word for what propelled this search was LUST. Sad, but true. I want, want, want!

I get the feeling that I am just horribly out of the loop and everyone already knows about these amazing Maruska silkscreen prints from the 70's... No matter, I am in the loop now! Here is the one I found, I sadly listed it on eBay the other day (the need for rent money often trumps the lust for vintage goodness):


Butterflies and shells - I know, right? How could I not fall in love? And of course when I started looking around, there are so many great ones out there that I had to share. The prices on these seem to be all over the map, depending on subject matter and condition and seller...











Besides the prints that are currently for sale online, there are a few informational websites and Flickr pages out there to drool over too. You gotta love the internet! :)





3 comments:

Mad Mod said...

I have several Marushka silk screened canvas prints. I've always loved them but they're certainly getting pricier these days.

Nogrinnin said...

Oh my goodness, does this ever take me back. One of my first jobs after flunking out of college in 1978 was at a store that mostly sold these graphic fabric wall decorations. We had them on the bolt and would cut the panels off the bolt and then staple them to picture frames for the customers. Seriously, this was the main commodity sold at this store. No wonder the place went out of business. A mite too specialized, I'm thinking. I recognize several of these designs: we carried them there. Ah, good times.

catlincoxdesigns said...

I love them too! I have mine listed on ebay right now its $10.99 I wish I had thought about contacting someone and maybe doing a trade. Love your blog too!