Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I took some stuff to the Barn today...

... and remembered to take photos to show you! I actually bought a couple of things this weekend specifically with the Barn in mind - the main one being this amazing mirror:

It is HUGE and super heavy, with crackly cream paint. I got it hung up in my booth, but it makes me nervous. I asked Max to check on it for me every once in a while and make sure it isn't starting to fall!

The white metal cabinet I also bought specifically for the the Barn, as well as the tin strainer. The McCoy well planter, the white Hull planter, and the Shawnee fish planter my dad found for me, and since planters have been selling fairly well I took them down to add into the mix. The Pyrex mushroom mixing bowls I tried at auction on eBay and they didn't sell, plus I have another set to list that is in a little bit better condition. The black rotary phone I just thought would look cool in my booth. :)

The floor globe I bought to list online, but Will about had a heart attack when he was trying to figure out how to ship it, so I figured I would try it in the booth first. The railroad lantern and the Homer Laughlin bowl my Dad gave me. The Pyrex bowl set is pretty scratched up, it didn't sell at auction on eBay so I figured I would try it at the Barn where someone might want it without the shipping expense...

Keep your fingers crossed for me! :)

5 comments:

Thrifted Treasure said...

Gorgeous things! Especially that globe, wish I lived near the Barn!

Meghan said...

looks like you made out like a bandit at the Barn!

Helen Hunt said...

This is a real gem. I will bookmark this blog as I have always thought of going into art and antique collection.

Nice blog BTW :)

Clarity said...

Nice mirror, but I like what I can see of your retro chair!

Ashlee said...

Ooh I want those pyrex bowls, too bad I don't live near you.
And I have a strainer just like that but it has little handles and it's a little bent, it was only 50 cents though so it's ok!
Nice blog, love all your vintage finds.