Sunday, November 2, 2008

Featured Collectible - Vintage Japanese Kokeshi Dolls

It's only in the last 6 months or so that I've become aware of Japanese Kokeshi dolls, and I have to say I have fallen totally in love! Here is a great website I found that has wonderful information on the history of Kokeshi, and the different types and styles of dolls.

I recently found a great lot of dolls at an estate sale, which are all up at auction this week. They are small - just a couple of inches tall - which makes the hand painted detail on them that much more amazing!

Vintage Wood Nesting Kokeshi Doll Set - I think these are my favorite!

Vintage Wood Kokeshi Nodder Dolls - Man and Woman Couple

Three Bobble Head Wooden Kokeshi Dolls

Two Hand Painted Wood Nodder Kokeshi Dolls

I had a poke around on eBay to see what other kinds of dolls are up for sale right now - there are a lot! Here's a few of my favorites:

Japanese Kokeshi Doll by Hide - I just love her hair!

Tiny Kokeshi Dolls on a Mahjong Tile - This is amazing! And the auction is starting at just one penny... It doesn't get any better than that!

Sweet Girl Kokeshi - She is so sweet with her floral design and closed eyes!

These little dolls are pretty addicting, each one is different and they are the perfect collectible - they are small, reasonably priced, and look great as a crowd! ;)



SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

1 comment:

Bev said...

Hello. Just to let you know that your 2nd, 3rd & 4th pictures actually form a group themselves. They are called the "Seven Lucky Gods" and comprise 6 men with particular attributes & one woman. For more details see http://www.onmarkproductions.com/html/seven.shtml

I collect 1950s nodder kokeshi - my collection is here
http://www.collectorsweekly.com/stories/87656-1950s-nodder-kokeshi-collection

Hope that helps...
Bev